Think you can’t make a delicious meal with canned chicken? Try this delicious southeast Asian Fusion recipe out for size.
Here’s what you’ll need for the chicken dish! (Prepare the Fried Quinoa beforehand if you’re going to serve it with the chicken! [it's not really fried, but it's a modified recipe of how to make chinese fried rice])
1 tablespoon butter
1/3 cup diced Zucchini
1 12oz canned chicken breast, drained of water
2-3 tablespoons cooking oil
2 tablespoons diced green onions
2 tablespoon sliced red onions
1/2 tomato cut in thirds
2 tablespoons Simply Asia sweet ginger garlic seasoning (ground ginger, sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, pakrika, soy sauce, garlic & onion powder)
2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan or wok on high heat
- Add in diced zucchini and cook for 2-3 minutes or until it is almost cooked and about to crisp golden brown
- Add in chicken breast and cooking oil, stir and sauté for 1 minute
- Add red and green onions, ginger garlic seasoning, Sriracha, and squeeze lime over chicken in pan. Stir for one minute
- Add in tomatoes and sear for another 2-3 minutes until ingredients are blended and some of chicken shreds begin to brown and crisp.
- Remove from pan and serve immediately
Chinese Fried Quinoa
- Heat 1-1.5 cups quinoa dry in a pot for 1-2 minutes to slightly toast on medium heat.
- Then for 1 part quinoa, add 1 part water (or guesstimate the water should be twice as high as the quinoa. Boil covered for 7 minutes or until almost fully cooked
- Add 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped green onion tips (1 inch length)
- Add 1 egg beaten and blended with milk. Dig a hole in the quinoa to the bottom of pot and pour egg in, stirring every 30 seconds until egg has cooked and blended evenly into quinoa.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons oyster sauce (or mushroom sauce) to taste